If Google Trends was True
Google Trends aims to provide insights into broad search patterns. As a Google Labs product, it is still in the early stages of development. Also, it is based upon just a portion of our searches, and several approximations are used when computing your results. Please keep this in mind when using it.
Google Trends, a new offspring of Google Labs, returns graphical information of which keywords are searched by which nationalities. Now of course, the data presented by Google Trends is not 100% true.
Google Trends uses IP address information from our server logs to make a best guess about where queries originated.
It's just an estimate. But it's entertaining to consider what the world would be like if Google Trends was 100% accurate. What if Google Trends actually did world news? Here's a list to give you an idea:
- Peruvians blog 5 times more than Americans.
- Amsterdam is more about ajax than drugs.
- The Irish are the majority of downloaders on the iTunes Music Store, although the Poles are the kings of P2P.
- Mexicans misspell everyone's favorite MP3 player with a common sentence of past tense.
- Lesbian Norwegians were partying hard on the New Year with their new dildos.
- The Phillipines is pretty much the only country who likes the Da Vinci Code.
- Koreans are hyped about Web 2.0.
- Washington DC is planning an assassination of a not-so-popular Texan president.
- The United States does not know how to clean all the mold in its country.
- The Ku Klux Klan still exists in Turkey.
- Osama's cave is in Egypt.
- Pakistanis are suckers for boobs, while vaginas are more of an Indonesian thing.
- Indians knew about the Wii in 2004.
- At least Iran is trying to understand women.
- The Mohammed fad was only temporary.
- Malaysia generates its revenue from Adsense.
- Highly anticipated video game Spore is already a huge hit to Singaporeans, mainly because the game rhymes with their country.
- South Africans, also known as the masters of Chuck Norris jokes, are concerned about Global Warming, while the Germans don't give a shit.
- Lots of failure in late 2005. My guess is criticism of George W. Bush after Hurricane Katrina.
- Hungary is crazy about Star Wars.
- Who knew that New Zealanders could shotput?
- Slovakia is just a big cheater.
- Moroccans are homies with 50 cent.
- Malaysians are fascinated with Kevin Rose.
add to digg | post to del.icio.us | subscribe to feed
Feel free to leave any urls to interesting trends by commenting.